Rockwell Automation joins the initiative to provide OPC UA for field-level devices https://www.automation.com/files/pluginfiles/item_99794/field_376/rw_reg.gif
29. November 2018 - Rockwell Automation joins an OPC Foundation initiative to extend the OPC UA protocol to field-level industrial communications.
In an initiative, a number of working groups are formed to bring the vendor-independent end-to-end interoperability of the OPC UA protocol to field-level devices. The initiative intends to handle use cases that currently do not apply to EtherNet / IP. It could also simplify other use cases, especially in vendor-independent controller-to-controller environments and for the vertical integration of field devices.
As the principal author of EtherNet / IP specifications, Rockwell Automation understands EtherNet / IP users You may see compatibility risks in the technology developed for another ecosystem. The Company intends to mitigate these risks through the ongoing evolution of EtherNet / IP and its intentions for the OPC UA protocol.
Rockwell Automation's priorities within the new OPC Foundation initiative include the following:
- OPC UA The specifications are written with the same accuracy and completeness as the EtherNet / IP specifications.
- Time-sensitive networks (TSNs) are typically applied to the OPC UA, EtherNet / IP, and PROFINET protocols, so all three can coexist on one General TSN-based network.
- The OPC UA Pub / Sub technology is implemented so that existing EtherNet / IP installations support OPC UA devices.
- Due to the hardware requirements of OPC UA, the protocol can be implemented on hardware platforms are common in today's EtherNet / IP components.
- The OPC UA software requirements enable the protocol to be deployed in the current EtherNet / IP-centric software tools without significant changes to user workflows.
- EtherNet / IP compliance testing procedures are the required requirements for UC conformance testing to OPC.
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation is dedicated to industrial automation and information, enabling its customers to become more productive and productive World more sustainable. The company is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
. Rockwell Automationhas approximately 23,000 employees serving customers in more than 80 countries.
About the OPC Foundation
Since 1996, the OPC Foundation has facilitated the development and adoption of OPC Information Exchange Standards. As the proponent and administrator of these specifications, the Foundation's mission is to help industrial enterprises, end users, and software developers maintain the interoperability of their manufacturing and automation resources.Did you like this article?
See our great e-newsletterSubscribe now
for more great articles.
we are supplier of ABB,endress hauser,MTL Intrinsic Safety Eaton MTL,Pepperl+Fuchs International. Industrial Sensors, Factory Automation ,P+F ,SMAR – Industrial Automation
for get this brands items please send us your inquiries as following link
Please send us your request with full details via the following link to supply your equipment in the fields of power, instrumentation and industrial computers. We will try to respond to you as soon as possible.